Loping

JDecker88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, lately my 01 F-250 has been loping when I start it up I thought it was because of the fuel might be gelling up but I put some treatment in it today, we have had a warm streak the past few days here in east TN and it hasn't done it, but today it is warm outside and I started it up and it loped for five seconds then boiled out a light cloud of white smoke, no mods done 101K miles on the truck. Thanks in advance for the help

- Justin :):santa2

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Like budro said, it is the weight of your oil. You have a case of the romps and the only way to get rid of them is to switch to 5W40 wieght oil. I run Rotella T 5W40 SYN in mine. It is available from Wal Mart.

Dave :santa3

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I used to have that problem.
There were basically three ways to fix it:
1 Plug your truck in at night
2 Use a lighter weight oil
3 Instal a H/X mod. There are several around either of the Hose Variety or the Solid Steel Tubing type. The loping seems to have something to do with HP oil pressure imbalance between the right and left side heads due to cold/thick oil. The H/X mod balances the pressures out between the two sides.

I've tried about three of the hose style and none of them lasted more than about 9 months tops. I now have the solid tubing style and it has been trouble free for over 2 years now. No leaks and no loping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58