Loss of power

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Take a look at the fire wall and see if it is sooted badly, I think you might have up-pipe donuts leaking. If not there then look at the head/exh manifold gaskets.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Zero said:
What models have the dipstick that is two qts off? Is it low or high?

Early OBS trucks. Check your dipstick, if it's stamped 1820068C1 it's 2 qts lower than Ford later decided was appropriate for these engines. Either re-mark it or replace it.

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing up the dipstick numbers JOAT, I knew someone else must of heard about it too.

I didn't see any soot on the firewall when I looked at it tonight and I don't think it has any air leaks. It could have a leaky manifold gasket, but I don't think it does. I did see the turbo leaking something between the exhaust housing and the center piece. I also think the o-rings on the ebpv actuator is leaking oil. The exhaust has a raw diesel smell that left running in a shed for just a few seconds will make your eyes water and burn. I was just wondering if this is normal or something else is wrong too. I think the truck is going into the shop this winter to have some work done.

Thanks for the help, if anyone has some ideas about what else could be wrong please chime in.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Is the EBPV actuator operating properly or might the valve be stuck closed? Also pull the turbo inlet tube and spin the vanes by hand, inspect the vanes etc etc..

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
2000SuperStroker said:
.....The exhaust has a raw diesel smell that left running in a shed for just a few seconds will make your eyes water and burn. I was just wondering if this is normal or something else is wrong too.

NOT normal. I'd say either a really severe intake restriction (rag stuck in the turbo impeller, did that once:eek: ) or you've got a problem with an injector

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl