Lots of smoke and loss of gas mileage

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just put the factory tune back on and a quarter mile down the road white smoke started pouring out of the exhaust.

What I was meaning about the dealer is that I had no problems before they worked on my truck. I understand the risks involved with aftermarket changes. I hate that I was trying to take extra care of my truck and know it's all sick

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers cleaning injectors most of the time cost big bucks and you get very little for
your money in return.
Doug

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea I figured that out the hard way. I had to put the low tune back on to get rid of the white smoke. I found a guy near by that started his on shop after getting fed up working for a ford dealer. He is going to check my baby tomorrow.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you deleted your DPF?? My truck does the white smoke thing now and then mostly when it's HOT and sticky outside. Also my truck will blow some what looks to be white ash out the pipe. But I tend to believe it's coolant from the EGR coolers. I have a small leak I loose about a quart in 3 months. I need to get it in and fixed.

Copy and paste someware guys. This is the best read on this today.

Magnuson-Moss Act

Last edited:

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea I did the delete. Went to kemracing.com shop today and these guys were great. Going back tomorrow to get some work done and my problem fixed. It was really great talking with people that were so knowledgeable and loved diesels as much as we do. Check out their site and look at what they have going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr