Low Boost, Got Codes

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
THe 21-22 psi could be what the WG is set at. Unplug it and see if it goes higher. I don't recomend running it disconnected all the time. How oily are your boots?

The EBP codes are probly either a bad sensor, clogged tube or the stock exhaust is too restrictive. Use the data streams under the diagnostics part of the Evo and report back what your back pressures are at WOT.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
The Boots on the drivers side are oily for sure. What does that mean? Ok tomorrow I will get the pressure at wot.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I got the Exhaust Back Pressure. It never goes above 53psi. Doesnt' go any lower either. Is this normal?

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Ya even at Idle, it may drop to 52.9 but that is it. What would that sensor cause? Could it be the tube?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
The EBP codes will cause a defuel I believe. I don't really know what a clogged tube would make it read.:dunno: Pull the sensor to check if the tube is plugged. I think it's a 1" deep socket or wrench.

dpantazis

Reaction score
the tube can get plugged up with rust or soot not letting the sensor read correctly.

or the sensor will go bad.

either way, the sensor value will trick the PCM to defuel.

removing the sensor will let you see if the tube is plugged.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can unplug the sensor or the EBPV solenoid wires and see if the power & boost are back.

I have read in many posts where people could not separate the EBPS from the EBP tube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14