Low Life Scum Bag!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My home phone ring at 4:04 PM one afternoon this week and the lady on the phone said she was from Wal-Mart Discover card Fraud Dept. She ask if the last four numbers of our Wal-mart card were ????. Would you check to make sure you have your cards. We checked and yes we have our cards. After a few phone calls we found out that a person by the name of William, (I am not posting his last night.)but I have it. LOL just bought a Dell Diamond Black Lap-Top on line and ask to pick it up at Wal-Mart Santa Ana, CA. 92704.
She then told my wife to call a phone number and report the card number used without our knowable.
I only use this card to buy Diesel Fuel at the Wal-Mart fuel stops.
He made the purchase at 3:27 and they caught it with in 30 min.
There are on the ball for sure and I didn't get charged the $536.00.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Happens thousands of times each day. I am glad they found out before he was able to to major damage to your account.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My home phone ring at 4:04 PM one afternoon this week and the lady on the phone said she was from Wal-Mart Discover card Fraud Dept. She ask if the last four numbers of our Wal-mart card were ????. Would you check to make sure you have your cards. We checked and yes we have our cards. After a few phone calls we found out that a person by the name of William, (I am not posting his last night.)but I have it. LOL just bought a Dell Diamond Black Lap-Top on line and ask to pick it up at Wal-Mart Santa Ana, CA. 92704.
She then told my wife to call a phone number and report the card number used without our knowable.
I only use this card to buy Diesel Fuel at the Wal-Mart fuel stops.
He made the purchase at 3:27 and they caught it with in 30 min.
There are on the ball for sure and I didn't get charged the $536.00.
Doug

We had that happen to use too. Took the info from walmart and a police report to get it all fixed. The one thing we were told to not use the outside fuel pumps and if we had too. Then check to see if lids moved by the card reader. If so get the attendant to check it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Fuel pumps are the biggest source of stolen card numbers and PINs. We had a big scam in the Bay Area several years ago. They caught the guys who were setting up false card readers in the pumps. They worked for the pump company maintenance company.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also put Limits on purchase amounts (we did). $300 is the max, in 24 hours, per card, and $500 on any single purchase. Then they get Denied.. without a 1-800 call to verify some info.. known ONLY to Us, and the Bank...

Then.. we'll get a call from the Bank.. to verify that [we] did, in fact, make the purchase.. Over the amount(s) we've set.

Kindofa PIA at times, but it has saved us.. a coupla times, thru the years. It's a Warm & Fuzzy.. knowing the BANK is watching ??

SAD it has to be that way but it'sa Sign of The Times.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep tabs on your card still - it seems fishy that wife had to call and give the whole card number.

The lady only gave the wife the last 4 numbers. We killed that card and will be getting new ones.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58