Low site activity

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed lower daily posts here and several other forums. My guess is the economy has people afraid to turn on the computers to keep the power bills down. I drove my truck all week because my car was in the shop. I put $50 into the truck at my fuel stop and I just about sh*& a brick. I have not put $50/week in fuel in my truck for over a year. Now I know why I got the Corolla; only half the fuel costs.

Dave

Good post!!!

I also been using the truck a lot less, and the Prius a lot more. Fuel costs of filling up the truck is forcing me to take this approach. Don't get me wrong, I love the truck for hauling and towing, I can't justify it as a daily driver.

Butch Cassidy1

Last edited:

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
I've just finally got myself a job so I'll be posting a lot more questions about upgrades and other misc. stuff. :sweet

Travis

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
How can you sleep til 9 or 10 or 11 o'clock? I am up at 4:30am but I stay in bed til 5:30am. I am kicking butt by 6:30am.

Dave

9 easy peazy
11 pretty much the same
we generally dont go to bed until 1-3 am :dunno:dunno:dunno seems like all the good stuff is going on at that time .

always been a night owl of sorts, we arent our running the streets, just sitting on the porch watching the stars or deer

when i worked...yep 530 out of bed, and off to work
i am still DEMILITARIZING :D:D:D;tu:lmao

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Even though the wife and I are retired she still gets up between 5:30-6:00am. :dunno

The dog and I sleep in until 7:30, :D

FWIW.......I am ready for a new truck. I just can't stand the buying/trading process so I've been procrastinating. :(

Tbar

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Good post!!!

I also been using the truck a lot less, I use the truck a lot less, and the Prius a lot more. Fuel costs of filling up the truck is forcing me to take this approach. Don't get me wrong, I love the truck for hauling and towing, I can't justify it as a daily driver.

Butch Cassidy1

I'm in the same boat with fuel cost here just got an old jeep cherokee for $500 to drive to work, helps keep the miles off the big truck too. I just drive the truck on the weekends and if i need to haul somethin.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with fuel cost here just got an old jeep cherokee for $500 to drive to work, helps keep the miles off the big truck too. I just drive the truck on the weekends and if i need to haul somethin.

Me too, with the fuel cost. :rant

Took the Fusion on a 500 mile R/T.. 34 mpg sez it all, verses 18-20 in the DRW.

Going on a RV trip in 2 weeks though.. up in the Sierra "Gold" country for a week.

Rip-Off or No Rip-Off. :(:rant:(

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I wish I could afford a beater.. this POS of mine needs axles, needle bearings and the rear driveshaft rebuilt.. fuel is over $4 per gallon..

but NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo.... I have to cough up 2,500 bucks tomorrow morning for a medical co-pay... (getting angioplasty & a stent)...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a beater for the wife to drive so I can get my jeep back and drive it instead of the truck. But on the plus side fuel here is now dropping under 4 buck at some stations. I saw one station at 3.85 for diesel yesterday. So I'm not saying anything more but keep dropping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg