Low whine at 40 mph????

CityGuy24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was driving the truck today and noticed a low whine around 40mph. It is really noticeable when running 40mph and slightly in the go pedal. If you let off the go pedal it continues for a few seconds as you cost but goes away. It comes back as soon as you get back in the go pedal. It goes away completely when you get up to speed and not cruising around 40 mph. Any clue what it might be? Thanks.

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was driving the truck today and noticed a low whine around 40mph. It is really noticeable when running 40mph and slightly in the go pedal. If you let off the go pedal it continues for a few seconds as you cost but goes away. It comes back as soon as you get back in the go pedal. It goes away completely when you get up to speed and not cruising around 40 mph. Any clue what it might be? Thanks.

Need more info....
Can you determine where it's coming from (ahead, behind, beside, above, below) ? Is it resonating through the entire vehicle ?
Can you always make it come-n-go at 40mph by coming on/off the throttle ?

CityGuy24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It seems like it is coming beside the drivers door. It seems to start once the truck has had time to warm up. Once warm the sound is always there around 40 mph.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
sounds like a u-joint or hanger bearing, they almost always make noise around the 40 mph mark.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58