lower floor panel floor console

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Bill
hopefully this weekend i can get the ball rolling.
inverter is tired of sitting in the closet,:D
My wife just called from Homie depoty and is getting some 1/2 MDF
built the wire harness the other day #6 wire

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice design I also like Fire1 set up we'll keep us up to date with photo's and any wiring diagram. Or do a full write up with photo's for the WIKI !!!:thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yes sir
i liked fires as well, but i am going to hard mount it to the floor for security and for a solid base to mount a computer holder thingy

i plann to run the harness which is now 1/2 thick through the F/W where the cluch rod would go . hopefully I can get it done while i build doors for my Grandbabies doll house

we are going to cover it with either carpet or..... headliner stuff

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see:

Guages, Switches, AIC....
More Guages, More Switches, Ejection Seats, Radar Screens..... Arr, Arr....
:doh: Computer :rolleyes: I should read more carefully.

Looks pretty sweet, :sweet

Keep us informed, I want to do one for mine for the AIC, and 3 of my guages, switches, beer cooler, etc....

BTW. What kind and size inverter did you get??????

Barrett

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Looks like a good design. Nice work.

I originally intended to mount mine to the floor, but found it does NOT move at all. Now, add the weight of an inverter and it might. But the way mine hugs the floor contour makes it very stable. That was bonus, not really a design intent. Good luck and show us some pics. If I had a heater in the garage I might start on a new and improved version.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
architect
I didnt ligt a finger on it all weekend, got infected by a severe pullled muscle

hopefully this afternoon i can get my tail in gear
the inverter is a xantrex Output: 560 watts continuous, 700 watts for 5 minutes, 1000 watts surge

I need 440w to charge my computer battery so i have a little to spare.

I was reading my ryobi 18 volt tool charger and it will be able to be recharged as well
I really wanted a 3k w but the $$ was to much for my WANTS vice needs

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
scrapping the center floor console

just cant make myself happy so the inverter is going under the center seat and get clamped down.
just not happy with the way it was shaping up with airflow and clamping and all
so i will run the wires under the cab to the seat harness and clamp her under the seat plugs forward.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Under center seat is no worky, and after much cut wood and mock ups.
I have decided its not going to work and make me Happy. then whilst looking under the drivers dash, I found a place to mount the inverter with great airflow, less chance of a spilled beverage. and a short run from the battery
I was thinking, no one said the inverter had to be at the point of use for 120 vac.
so i found a nice bracket on emergency brake brakect that is used for the ecm mount on, I geuss all other trucks but the 06 and maybe 05.When did they move the ecm? my 02 it was hanging off the e brake bracket
it has two ears in perfect alignment. plus there is a perfect firewall plug RIGHT there for my wire harness to pass through
so now we will mount her to the bracket and run an extension outlet to a point on the dash thet looks like a standard power point. the plug i purchased is pretty darn close to teh same size as teh lower cig lighter hole.. clean and unobtrusive with no cutting of the ol dash panel
picures soson if i get finished tonight

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya