Lower (than normal) boost numbers, please help

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I've been having issues with ITP Diesel's "Over boost Annihilator" lately. I have not been able to build 25+ psi (i could easily do this before i installed the reg.) since i installed the regulator, however, I am not setting a SES light. Dennis at ITP said the reg. could have been set wrong and it was not letting me build more than 22psi. He recommended adjusting the reg. cause it may have been set to low. He said that if i adjusted it and threw a SES light, then to get it scanned with a code reader.

Supposedly the SES light could be either of 2 codes. P1249(overboost) or
P1211(injection pressure). Well, I adjusted the reg. and I threw a code. I went directly to a parts store to get it read. When I went to check the code it was gone. The computer had cleared the code. WOuld the PCM clear the code on its own? should I read the codes while in motion, is that possible? What do you guys think? Clear as mud. Im worried my injection pump is going bad.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Ok lets start here first, where do you have your boost gauge tapped into? If it is tapped into the map line then it will only read what the annihilator is set at. If this is the case tap into the intake spyder.

The ses light set by both of those codes will clear themselves after driving for awhile. That does not mean they will clear from the computer. They are still on your pcm.

Next you don't have an injection pump. You have a HPOP. Most guys with chips will set a p1211 code.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
my boost gauge is tapped here in the pic. the PO put it there.

if the codes are on the PCM, then why did the scanner not pick them up?

Is a p1211 code bad, so to speak?

Last edited:

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Ok good on where you have your boost gauge tapped. I would also check all of your clamps and make sure they are all tight just to insure that boost isnt' leaking anywhere. Other than that, I am not sure.

What kind of scanner were they using when they scanned your truck?

The P1211 code isn't horrible. It just means that you HPOP couldn't keep up with the demand called for by your chip. The way to insure you don't set more of these is to get big oil. Otherwise just learn to live with it.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
I used a scanner for Autozone. I'm going to try a different parts store tonight. Thats all I have access to.

what do you mean by "big oil"

by the way, thanks for the help

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Big Oil is like a Stealth or Terminator pump. It's a dual HPOP system. I don't know what kind of scanner autozone uses. So can't help you there.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Auto Zone scanners are suspect. We have had many report this over the past year or so. Auto Enginuity is one of the best out there. It works with your laptop computer. Auto Xray is another that works. I have had both and they do work. I really like the AE.

Dave

ZooDad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check all your connections. By the photo I see you are getting oil weepage out of your boost fitting. You probably need to clean out your intake tract.
I was getting lower numbers like you. I removed all the intercooler tubes and boots, then the IC as well. I soaked them all in SuperClean (Simple Green is good as well). I rinsed the IC about 10 times. You would not believe how much oil was in there.
Then I rerouted my CCV to atmosphere (for now). My boost is great again, and I no longer have to see all that oil seepage on the motor.

P.S. I think I have some photos floating around. I'll see if I can find them.

ZooDad

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
You probably need to clean out your intake tract.

great, that's another thing I have to add to the list.

Right now my plan is to remove the overboost annihilator. Then I'm going to replace the boost gauge tubing and fittings. I'll see what the numbers are and then go from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14