Lucas Oil addative products??

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any negative stories of running Lucas synthetic oil stablizer (the bottle specifically says "FORD POWERSTROKES ADD 1 Quart to every oil change")?? Also any bad new about running the Lucas Fuel stabilizer?? Im trying the proactive approach to keep my engine running good for a Long time by treating the fuel, and keeping friction down by running the oil addative. Any advice here guys? I run motorcraft 15w 40 and want to mix the lucas next oil chance.. maybe 2 quarts of it to be on safe side... i run the fuel addative now since the low sulfer fuel is garbage for diesels.

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey

2005 F250.. has 104k on it just bought it from a guy who at 96k had the turbo pulled and cleaned (no boost due to soot buildup) and 2 injectors replaced...Just trying to prolong the life of my 6.0. I am researching EGR deletes and block off plates... currently i have a predator tuner on "econo" tune.. and am getting a 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust next week in mail.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also want to say Welcome to SSD.com. I haven't heard any bad reports about Lucas, I just always use Rotella - T 15 W 40 in my 6.0. I don't think I would use 2 qt's tell it got around 200 miles on it.
Doug

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I don't think I would use 2 qt's tell it got around 200 miles on it.
Doug

I don't think I'd run more than suggested because if it was needed, it would be suggested.

Lucas is supposed to enhance the "cling-on" properties of the oil.. I've seen a Lucas display in the local Navistar dealership, so I don't think you'd be hurting anything.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Lucas is, in my opinion, the best oil additive i've ever tried. I put a gallon of it in my pete every oil change. It has 730,--- miles on it now, and about 80,000 miles ago, I had an inframe complete teardown done. The mechanic told me that the main bearings looked so good that he almost thought twice about changing them. That said, I think the lucas must work, because the lucas has been in there since i bought it. Fwiw, i use mobil delvac in both my diesels, with the lucas added every time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58