lurking for 6 months, might as well introduce myself!

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Mike, I am a government contractor in the midle east (Qatar). Basicaly the government contracted out all of vehicle maintenance here so they could send the military home. I am a Special Purpose/Heavy Equipment Mechanic. I started lurking around on this board about 6 months ago, created an account in Oct and made my first post yesterday. I have been looking at getting a 3/4 - 1 Ton truck with a diesel, the two trucks i have been looking at are the Dodge and the Ford. I really dont have any brand loyalty (except i dont like Chevy) so i started looking with an open mind. Did some research, went home on vacation and drove two new 3/4 ton trucks(dodge was an 05 and Ford was an 06) ... the Ford felt a million times better. Ok, the dodge has the (arguably) better engine but the ford comfort/feel/sound/looks blew the dodge away.

I look forward to learning even more from this board in the near future.

one last thing, any other mustang owners on here?
-Mike

(both are mine, the Saleen is for sale so i didnt put in the sig)

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mike................glad to have ya. :thumbs

Tbar

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Howdy Mike,Welcome to the community:thumbs

Yes another fellow Mustanger present!:D Prior to our move we sold the 90GT,85LX(CHP),84GT350 but kept the 90 CHP.
I'd still like to get a hold of a 93 Calypso green Saleen:hail

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys!!

rgdillon said:
Welcome to SDD Mike -

Sure wish I had an extra $20 bucks or so - always wanted a Saleen

Actually, try $9 ;)

CHPMustang said:
Howdy Mike,Welcome to the community:thumbs

Yes another fellow Mustanger present!:D Prior to our move we sold the 90GT,85LX(CHP),84GT350 but kept the 90 CHP.
I'd still like to get a hold of a 93 Calypso green Saleen:hail

Very nice!

I see you live in Dallas, how long have you lived there and how do you like it? My brother and i are thinking about moving down there (currently live in Delaware) early next year when i get back to the states. Specificlly i am looking at the Arlington/Hurst/North Richland Hills area but i am open to any comments or suggestions. :)

-Mike

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We relocated here to Dallas(actually Richardson a northern burb) almost 4 years ago from the left coast and love it here.

The family and I wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of city life so we moved to southern Collin County but we're close enough to the tranportation infrastructure if we need to commute to Irving :sweet

City of Richardson

Arlington,Hurst,North Richland Hills is out to the west of us not too far away :cool:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Mike K said:
one last thing, any other mustang owners on here?

Welcome to SDD Mike, glad to have you on board with us. I too am a Mustang owner. Mine is 38 years senior to your Cobra though.

stang2.jpg

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Mike and welcome to SSD.Com Wish you lots of luck on finding the truck you want. I have all ways thought it would be neet to have a His & Her matching Car and Truck. Be safe over there.:thumbs :thumbs
So far I love my 06-6.0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58