made my first batch.....

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a half gallon of used oil from casey's. Turned out to be real dirty. but I am in the process of learning, and it seems to have worked! I am in the process of washing it now.:thumbs

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
follow up..finnished drying this morning. got my first quart of finnished fuel. I have more, but need to figure out recovery, turkey baster? something. I think I will try this in my backpacking stove. It is multi fuel.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I'm npy sure if it is the photo but the fuel doesn't look like it sparkles enough. You should be able to read through the jar. It should look like sparkling apple juice. You may need to do another wash cycle.

Scott

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is pretty clear, hasn't been filtered a final time, looking for a filter small enough. the last wash came out crystal clear. thanks for the comments. I will probably try to wash it again as you advised.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
It's probably too late for this, but you may just want to dry it longer. I have found that there is a fine line between needing another wash or just a little longer drying.

Scott

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided to dry it more this afternoon, that was all it took, I tried it in my brunton optimus multi fuel stove, works great, took a little longer to heat up than white gas, but I never tried it with diesel either, so I didn't have any thing to compare it to. thanks for the suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14