Magic 100k mark!!

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Well...I hit it.....the magic 100,000 mile mark. Actually at 100,458 now. No major issues. I have had one EGR valve go bad and that is it. I am hopeing to drive it to 200,000.......fingers are crossed!!!

I change oil every 5k. Fuel filters every 10k. I barely tow with it (a dog trailer during hunting trips every once in a while). I put my foot in it to "keep it alive" every once in a while too.

I love this damn truck. If it blows up, I will probably just have someone rebuild the motor and tranny and keep on going!!!

Although...after typing this, I am sure I just blew my luck. It has probably developed an oil leak and the tires are probably falling off in the parking lot.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 k

Congratulations!

A great example of the type of reliability you can expect when you do normal maintenance. Too many people giving the 6.0 a bad name by tuning the engine, but never doing regular preventative maintenance, and then complaining when she don't run right. Powerstrokehelp.com sees lots of fleet 6.0's going 400+ K -driven hard- put away wet, but regularly maintained.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58