Magnaflow or MBRP opinions from (Excursion) owners

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We're looking at upgrading the exhuast system on our Excursion and we're sorta tied between Magnaflow system & the MBRP.

I'm leaning towards the 4" Magnaflow system for the turbo back comes with the 3.5" DP and want to retain the low end power curve but somewhat concerned about over resonance from the Magnaflow muffler.

How many of ya'll have ran with one or the other or both and have found which quiet/er with the windows up?

Outside can be as loud as it wants:sweet

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the Magnaflow turbo back with the kitty cat straight piped:thumbs . Nobody complains when the truck is loaded with kids and we're simply drivin' around town or to Grandma's house. The kids do get a little annoyed when we're pulling the trailer and climbing 6% grades.:eek: However, for some reason, stills sounds good to me.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The wife,kids and I are used to 2 chamber/race Flowmasters on our 5.0's so I'll easily assume the Magnaflows are much much quieter:sweet

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Mark the whole reason he is buying an exhaust is because he won a 5" tip at the rally and doesn't have anything to put it on.:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

CHPMustang

Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Mark the whole reason he is buying an exhaust is because he won a 5" tip at the rally and doesn't have anything to put it on.:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Wish'd it was the Budweiser model but nope it's the 4" ID SS tip which is sweet nonetheless:sweet

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
whatabudro,

Well that's cool!!!!!!!!!! If he won a tip then he needs a bargain like we have that 304 system for !!!!

Mark @ DPPI

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bill
i ran the magnaflow on my 7.3 crew cab, very nice low rumble, and a very nice throaty roar at full throttle gitty ups.
not offensive at all, unless you were in a convertable next to my rear tire.

fit and finish was good, it fit with no clearance issues, but you having the tank in back might be close on the hump bend.

over all it held up very well,

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I was over dzl_x_4x4's the other day and he has the Magnaflow system on his Excursion which I sampled and Yes that's we be wanting :sweet

Michelle has a gift certificate for ITP that she's going to requisition the exhuast system with:)

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Magnaflow on my Duramax and have the MBRP on my Excursion. I have to say, that they are both very quiet inside the truck and both very throaty outside. You will not go wrong with either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg