Magnefine filters

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used any of the products from Magnefine? Looking for some feedback either good, bad or otherwise. I'd like to do what I can to protect my newest tranny I just had built.

Thanks

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I had them for years in my truck. I change them every 15K. A great item for removing ferrous chunks from the ATF.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks hheynow. I'm surprised that no one else on this board has used them. Guess I'll order one, can't hurt right !!

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never used one. These are the ones that go in line before the cooler, right?

Is there a set mileage to change them at? How would you know if they become restricted? Do they bypass?

Oclip

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Magnefine Filters on PS/Hydraboost

Yes, we've been installing them in the P/S system when doing Hydraboost retrofits (on Hot Rods), to keep the old steering junk out of the new hydraboosters. It never fails, that the old steering box releases all that metal into the 'booster and we have to go thru the whole system again. The 'boosters are more sensitive to metal granules than the steering boxes. The best thing is to always put in a new box and 'booster, clean the lines and cooler if possible, AND use a Magnefine filter. As for their use in the Trannys, I'm considering that on my 2K F350, but for sure, one is going in my P/S system when I upgrade my OEM P/S cooler. I like their aluminum HP filters w brkt. They all work great! Oclip

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad B,

I have been using them for 90k miles. I have cut open used ones (changed every 30k miles), the filter does trap the loose iron particles.

Butch Cassidy

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Put one in my tranny line when I added an extra cooler a few moths ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14