Maiden voyage

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
Just thought I would post a pic or two from our maiden voyage this past weekend. This is the in-laws new Regal 365BHTS and the mighty Tow Boss. The Regal replaces a Cherokee 32B that made camping a less than desirable experience and allows plenty of room for what equates to two families camping together in one unit. (At least until we get our own 5er in a few years!) We usually travel as a group of 6 and this really allows everyone to have plenty of space. They opted for the extra half bath which is pretty awesome for us. Real nice to have your own personal head! So far this thing has been perfect other than two mirrors that were broken during delivery. Took about eight tries to ship them sucessfully to the dealer without breaking them. Otherwise, we are ready for a busy season of travel with trips to Myrtle Beach, Ocean City MD and countless trips closer to home.

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
nice lookin set-up PA. i like the turbo wing on the boss too :sweet

is that half bath for the MIL?:roflmao :roflmao

With two women on board, you need as many bathrooms as you can get! The half bath is actually in the rear bunk room which is my wife/3 yr old daughter/myselfs quarters.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Nice lookin' set up. :sweet 1/2 bath? I thought all 5er's had 1/2 baths:D
Good thing you went last weekend, this ones gonna suck.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice rig...

Very nice set up. I hope you have many years of fun traveling.
BTW what did your truck get for mpg towing the 5th wheel?

We towed ours only a short distance of 95.8 miles and used 8 gallons for 11.9 mpg.
95.8 miles is way to short a distance to get a reliable reading, so I will have to wait until later to see what ours gets.
I was figuring on 10,000 miles at 10 mpg, and at $3.00 per gallon, so we should take $3,000 for fuel.
Anything better than 10 mpg will be a good surprise.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PA, I am sure you all will enjoy you rig very much. That 6.0 makes light work of pulling the trailer I bet. Maxtor, 11.9 does not sound unreal for your truck & trailer. I am pulling 16000+ and getting 10.5 if I am not in a bad head wind.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PA, I am sure you all will enjoy you rig very much. That 6.0 makes light work of pulling the trailer I bet. Maxtor, 11.9 does not sound unreal for your truck & trailer. I am pulling 16000+ and getting 10.5 if I am not in a bad head wind.
Hey WD;

I hope you are right. One thing that I am coming to grips with is that my right hip is degenerating very fast. I think taking this trip before the surgery would be a bad mistake. We took a 200 mile trip in the Explorer to get the MIL, for Easter week, and it was very painful. The thought of going 10,000 miles and enjoying the trip without pain, is not realistic. I would have to do all the driving because the wife is not good with a manual trans. I can see myself getting about 500 to 1000 miles out, and not being able to go any farther without a heavy dose of pain pills, which then I could not drive safely. Three tramadol put me to sleep, but it does lower the pain. Surgery is scheduled for September. So unless a miracle happens, our trip across the country will have to wait until next spring.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking setup :thumbs How about some interior photos?

'cmon yall know 'bout google i know you do ;)
I gotta say i really like that "guest" room...wish some one
did that in a conventional TT.

that is ONE REALLY nice RIG !

crumm look here: 07 Regal 365BHTS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14