major issues with BDP fuel system!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well i dont know whats wrong with it.it acts like its running out of fuel.fuel pressure gauge says 0PSI with the pump running, but crack the return line from the head and youll get covered in diesel.same if i open one of the water seperators.i thought it was electrical cuz it would show pressure if i wiggled the wires on the relay.so i checked that and ended up wireing the pump direct to the battery cuz a wire broke.still does the same thing.when it does it it will either blow blue smoke or belch black out the stacks so im thinking the regulator is sticking closed or the return line is plugged up or something like that causing it to get way to much fuel.

now can i take the regulator apart to clean it or rebuild it?do they sell a rebuild kit for them?or anybody have some ideas for me?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
now can i take the regulator apart to clean it or rebuild it?do they sell a rebuild kit for them?or anybody have some ideas for me?

Does your BDP system use the stock FPR? :dunno I had my FPR totally apart in September when I had my veggie clog. You'll need snap ring pliers to remove the bottom brass plate. I soaked every part in two cans of brake cleaner that were emptied in to a pot. I did find minor clogging of some internal passages...but you are not running veggie oil. You might as well replace all the o-rings.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
fuel pressure regulator welded to intake spider pictures from trucks photos on webshots

1438455515067175480kYPdak

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
Bypass the regulator and see how it runs.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
How cold is it? How old are you fuel filters?

Yes you can take the regulator apart. Does your pressure bleed off after shut down? Not sure on the rebuild kit.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
it was up in the 40s here.i put anti gel in the tanks.i cleaned the regulator,and fixed the wires on the relay.it hasnt done what it was doing yet but it acts like its running out fuel in the upper rev range.think im just gonna try to baby it around for a few more weeks till i can afford a new pump for it.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
My thoughts to, can you put a guage dead head in line right after the pumps?
(Sure ya can duh, just wonder if you have the fittings...)
Sounds like your pump is running and producing flow, just not enough to make pressure, or meet higher demand.
These trucks will run with next to nothing fuel pressure since they have the common fuel rail and don't depend of fuel pressure to fire, the do have to have flow though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl