major malfunction help

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 350 and have had an edge evolution on it for the last 1 1/2 to 2 years and all of a sudden it said error 150 cant bridge something. then when i turned the key on the truck started clicking like crazy in like 5 different places and the dome light was flashing and nothing when i turned it to start. now the batteries are dead. then i charged them and somehow got the cpm to reset back to stock and un plugged the tuner and it ran for about 3 days till the same symptoms recurred. i called edge and they said they had no idea what was going on. Im getting really upset is my cpm fried?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CPM's (ECU/PCM) have been known to go bad... The First thing you might wana do is.. Get it Scanned.. with Scanner that will pick up ALL the codes.

Joe

Batts, cables, clamps all in good strong clean condition ???

Last edited:

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the batteries load tested and both are good, im gonna clean the connections really good and drop em back in and see what happens.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check all your ground too. block, frame, body. I had a problem I was chasing and it was a bad ground from frame to body

GEM
Generic Electronic Module

controls the windows, exterior lights, interior lights, sunroof, heated mirrors, rear window defogger, just about anything that pulls current that you control from inside the Truck.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
when i turned the key on the truck started clicking like crazy in like 5 different places and the dome light was flashing and nothing when i turned it to start. now the batteries are dead.

Sounds like classic case of bad battery cable connections to me, just like I had a few years back. When I checked voltage at the battery terminals, I had 12 volts. But when I checked voltage at the cable, I only had like 8v to 9v. :eek: I jammed a sharp pointy metal object between the battery post and the cable connector to get it running until I could clean it properly.

Check all four of your battery connections as well as the connections on the other end of the cables.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this EXACT same problem, until about a a month ago. I found out that the battery terminals on these trucks are pretty sensitive. Mine was just a tad loose. Not enough to draw my attention, but apparently enough to give exactly the symptoms you explained (dome light blinking, weird clicking sound coming from the under-dash fuse panel, truck has battery power until turning the key over, dim dash lights, no start, etc). Never registered ANY codes.

By the way, the crazy clicking noises is the relay for the electronic flasher. Relay 1, I believe.

I wouldn't say your relay is faulty, I was just told it goes all crazy like that when it doesn't have just the right amount of voltage across it.

I'd say the problem is in your terminals.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg