Major Overhaul

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish mine would have turned a number like that.

what good is it to turn that kinda hp if it wont stay together,
or the reliablity is degraded...

to me these things are built for towing & hauling...last thing i
want is a haul ass truck <thats broken down in the middle of
no w/ a trailer connected>

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
what good is it to turn that kinda hp if it wont stay together,
or the reliablity is degraded...

to me these things are built for towing & hauling...last thing i
want is a haul ass truck <thats broken down in the middle of
no w/ a trailer connected>

I meant on the dyno bush, I never towed at the highest setting.

Only on #2 when towing on the 6 gun. I ain't that stupid of a redneck, come on.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I meant on the dyno bush, I never towed at the highest setting.

Only on #2 when towing on the 6 gun. I ain't that stupid of a redneck, come on.

I had my truck on #6 for about 5 minutes, that was enough for me. Really only tow on 1 [stock] and blare around on 2 or 3 most of the time. This isn't the first time I've heard of someone splittin' a gizard on a dyno. I'm astounded Ford picked up the tab.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
#6 on the sixgun ain't nothing til you run a custom race tune from an SCT.

It's like flipping the switch from dark to light.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
#6 on the sixgun ain't nothing til you run a custom race tune from an SCT.

It's like flipping the switch from dark to light.

Or going from bad to worse..or from rich to broke..I'll stick with my "mild mannered" truck. The very idea of having to ante up $14,000 for an engine keeps me in check.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
When I dyno'd for the first time (when I had a 6gun, and before I knew any better) the best it managed was 381rwhp and 734 rwtq.

I'm having a hard time believing that big butt dually hit 421 with a 6gun.

But then again, I could be wrong :dunno

x2

I know that I'm losing a little HP with my 38" tires, but the most I've ever gotten with my sixgun and speedloader (with the BIG HOSS bundle) is 357, and would expect around 385 or so with stock size tires, 421 is truly impressive. Do you have the big hoss bundle?? In your pics it appears that your cold side boost tubes is stock, not the bigger and metal Banks one.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Or going from bad to worse..or from rich to broke..I'll stick with my "mild mannered" truck. The very idea of having to ante up $14,000 for an engine keeps me in check.

Thats why when I sold my 2 car trailer, I set aside the money to do head studs. The SCT is not worse in what it can do for the tranny and other features, but the chance you could blow head gaskets is there.

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Constructive bashing I love it.
I'll say in my defense on Ford covering the cost of the head gaskets, They ( Ford ) know there is a issue with the head gaskets and even stock trucks will blow them, did I accelerate its demise? I'm sure I did but it was still a weak spot for Ford to fix. I removed all the mods so they couldn't use that against me on a known problem. I have not reinstalled every thing yet. The techs report said the gaskets where not sealed from the factory. Did I try to pull a fast one on Ford, NO' I don't see it that way. Now if the gaskets where not a common problem I sure would have payed for the repairs. For what it's worth I did have to pay for the head bolts.
As for the Dyno ( 421hp ) I think by the replys it might be wrong. We did take off the outer wheels so it would fit on but thats all I can tell you, I really dont know what it takes to set one up. Is a 100hp gain with this setup unreasonable?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Oh, well, you never mentioned you had to pay for the head bolts. That changes everything then. :lmao Seriously, I have no beef with you getting it warrantied. Kind of works both ways. I've seen well kept trucks that were stock come unglued at just over 100k, and the owner was left holding the bag. I've also seen lifted, modded trucks get warrantee work because the owner was a good customer. Dealer has alot to say about who gets what. You lucked out. I certainly won't fault you for it. Now maybe try not to blow it up again?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the truck being a dually have to do with how much power it can put to the ground? They take the 2 outside tires off, usually. I'm lost on this one.

Hey John,,, aren't duallys just trucks with training wheels? :lmao

Maxtor
tSsra...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14