New Member Makaainana

Makaainana

Makaainana
Reaction score
Aloha from Kauai

2011 F250 4x4 reg cab dsel with 6 speed auto. Trans shift problems which brought me here.

shift time increasing between 3rd an 4th. Feels like engine disengages, truck slows then reengages. Only happens when eng is cold.

Also truck will try to accelerate when stopped in drive with foot brake holding it..

Also when decelerating sometimes truck shifts into 1 from 2 with big bump like old days when coasting and then letting clutch out to start engine..

Mahalo and aloha

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
First of all, :welcome to SDD! I was on Kauai two years ago. I didn't want to leave. Very beautiful island. Are you getting any signals that the truck thinks there is a problem, like a flashing light on the shifter or a check engine light? Have you had it scanned? What codes came up? If you have not gotten it scanned, take it to a good mechanic and have it scanned.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aloha from Kauai

2011 F250 4x4 reg cab dsel with 6 speed auto. Trans shift problems which brought me here.

shift time increasing between 3rd an 4th. Feels like engine disengages, truck slows then reengages. Only happens when eng is cold.

>>>>>Also truck will try to accelerate when stopped in drive with foot brake holding it..<<<<<

Also when decelerating sometimes truck shifts into 1 from 2 with big bump like old days when coasting and then letting clutch out to start engine..

Mahalo and aloha

WELCOME !!!

>> Sounds like Engine/Transmission SAFETY issue that Ford should look into ?<<

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with Joe on taking it back to the Ford dealer and let them check it out. also, WELCOME!
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14