MAP sensor effect fuel mileage??

emh3090

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2005 6.0 powerstroke with 48,000 miles. I think the MAP senor is about to go out or acting up. I was in the driveway a couple of days ago with the engine idling. All of the sudden the RPM's bottomed out and the engine almost died. RPM's came back up but I had no throttle response at all. I turned the engine off and it fired right back up and ran normal, but did this again just a few minutes later. The truck has been running just fine ever since. I also noticed my fuel mileage is WAY down around 8 MPG. The truck does have a 6" lift with 35's on it, but I would not think the lift would effect the mileage that much. I would still expect to get around 12-14 MPG. I asked a service writer at the local dealer about this:doh: and she said it could be the MAP sensor. Any thoughts??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
With these new computer controlled trucks we ALL are guessing. You need to get your truck scanned to see codes are present. These codes will give you a direction to follow. I have no idea of what is wrong, if anything.

Dave :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg