MAP sensor location for 97

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll be high on the firewall on the passenger side of center. You should be able to follow the hose from the passenger side intake manifold on the head right up to the MAP sensor. If you click on the "Coolant Eye & Filter" link in my sig, you'll see it at the very top, middle (just slightly to the right of center) in the picture. Cheers!

Last edited:

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I just put the recon in my truck and for the money it cant be beat. you can set parameters for all the temps monitered and it was fairly simlpe to install (under the watchfull eye or rdillon:rolleyes: )

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think later I will get a guage pod but I thought this would be good for now until I can save some money to buy a good set. I have seen some people using these to record their highest parameters during races or pulls. Thanks again.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I got that particular gauge system because it was small. I really dont want everyone to know Im running my truck with a little extra giddyup which they associate with the gauges on the A-pillar which are very easy to spot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58