map sensor ?

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm getting frustrated with this thing now. I had a problem recently that caused the throttle to do nothing and the truck would rpms would surge uncontrollably regardless of pedal position. I could put the pedal to the floor and nothing then the truck would take off no smoke either. So they replaced the pedal assembly because of a TSB. It was fine for two months and now it's back they had originally told me the banks was causing the problem it was sending too much voltage from the map sensor. My question is if the sensor is bad would this cause this to happen and where do I get one? I don't want to take it to the dealership again and pay a $100 deductible for a part that's the same price or cheaper.:dunno

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
My truck does the same thing been To the Deaker Three times and they cant duplicate the Problem No other add ons took them off when they Had to do the Egr cooler Havent put the Quadzilla back on it but My truck does the same thing will take it back in Monday

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's what I've found so far is that if the map sensor voltage doesn't correlate with the tps voltage it will do this so the banks is doing something to the map sensor voltage that the pcm doesn't like. The damn thing won't do it with the banks unhooked though and banks had it for a week and couldn't find anything wrong with it. My truck only does this towing a trailer with the banks hooked up. It just has to be a map sensor that's out of wack. I think I'll borrow my father in-laws sct programmer and see if the errors come back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58