Mark Martin To Drive A Chevy Parttime In '07

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya'.....kinda popped my balloon too. I just don't think I can root for a chebby to win. I like Mark, but ........................

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will only make Chevy stronger and Ford weaker in NASCAR. If you check the weekly races, there's only 8 or 9 Fords every week. Chevy brags about winning all the manufacturer's points standings, but the numbers are tilted in their favor. I don't think Mark's going to Chevy because of the brand, he's going for the opportunity to race parttime in Cup. Roush didn't have an opportunity for him as a parttime driver, so he had to move. I was also looking forward to Mark racing in trucks next year, but that's off now.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hey, i thought he retired last year ? :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

just kiddin, i like mark too, he's seems to be a humble fellow, all of these kevin harvick types really get on my nerves, they think because they have won a few races, that they are the greatest racers ever.

i do really think that mark wants that championship to top off his great career, but at some point, you gotta know when to leave.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that he stays in a Ford, I thought that he would bleed blue if you cut him. He has a Ford dealership in north Arkansas. Come on Mark, don't let us down now.

Hogs beat some team over in AL.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD40 said:
I hope that he stays in a Ford, I thought that he would bleed blue if you cut him. He has a Ford dealership in north Arkansas. Come on Mark, don't let us down now.
I don't think that Mark intended to drive a Chevy next year. After first planning to drive in the truck series full time next year, he decided he wanted to drive part time in Cup races next year, and Roush couldn't offer that to him. That's the reason for going to MB2 racing - giving him the opportunity to race as he wants to. He's still got that "itch" to drive Cup cars, but just not as much because he's helping to develop his son's program in addition to running his dealership and the trucking company he inherited from his dad. As far as him having a Ford dealership and driving Chevys, several of the teams are involved in multiple brands of dealerships. In McKinney, TX, the Honda car dealership is owned by Hendricks Automotive Group. Troy Aikman has a Ford dealership in Dallas, but the best NASCAR deal he could get was a partnership deal with Joe Gibbs Racing, which meant having a Chevy. Gibbs is furnishing Troy's group with engines (and I believe cars too). Roger Penske has Dodge Chargers in NASCAR, but also owns some Toyota dealerships. Also, going back in NASCAR history, Dale Earnhardt raced Fords a few years in the early 80's. The cars aren't as "stock" as they used to be, especially with the "template" that NASCAR uses. Take off the decals, and they all pretty much seem to be the same car. In fact, I heard a rumor that some of the first Dodge Intrepids that were run a few years ago had been run as Fords the year before. IMHO, the biggest difference in the cars is the engines, and possibly transmissions. The engines are all the same size, but the blocks are from the various manufacturers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14