Mason-Dixon TDC Diesel Drag & Dyno Day Aug. 11, 2007

Dockboy

Diesel Head
Reaction score
OK Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil

1 month to go. Time to start getting pumped up!!!:rockwoot:

Tickets are still available and this is shaping up to be one of the best events of the year!!

The track owners are even excited about this event!!

Mark your calanders!!!!

Dockboy

Diesel Head
Reaction score
A little over 2 weeks to go!!

Time to get excited!!

Get your tickets now so you are not left on the sidelines!!!

Dockboy

Diesel Head
Reaction score
Thanks to all who attended!!

For the Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Clubs first attempt at a drag race event, it wasn’t too bad. But of course, there was some “Murphy’s Law” that came into play 

For those that showed up to dyno, I and Diesel Performance Motorsports apologize for the dyno problems!! Computer issues were plaguing the dyno and we were unable to even get it fired up. Mike worked as hard as possible for at least 4 hrs trying to resolve the problems to no avail. Again, we apologize and I would like to thank Mike and his brother for the tremendous effort!!

The goal for the drag racing was to have a nice and relaxed test and tune. I believe that was accomplished although it would have been nice if a few more racers showed up. The Iron Man awards have to go to a couple of the Duramax guy’s (sorry, I forget your names right now) who racked up 30 passes each!! Again, all in all it was a great day with a gate total of 50 racers and 180 spectators.

A big congrats goes out to Cliff (oasis-3) who won our impromptu Gamblers race between 8 entrants for a pot of $160.

Also, my long standing record for the fastest diesel truck at Cecil County Dragway of 11.88 , which by the way I didn’t even know I held until the track manager told me today!, was broken twice!! First by Steve Bohatch (cdt8999) with an 11.84, then by Wade Moody (Diesel Power) with an 11.04. A big “Way to go!!!!”

Special thanks to Tracy Smith who took over 250 awesome pictures from at the line and they are available through her website at TRS Photo - Event Gallery

I passed my video camera to our official Movie man Ernie (Fiveology) and he took a pile of video! I am uploading it now and will post the link later.

A big Thank You goes out to Cecil County Dragway for their hospitality and excellent facility!! Also to all the participants and spectators! There was not one complaint from the track about anyone’s dragstrip edict or conduct and they gladly invited us back next year! I would also like to thank Jim and Lloyd (fellow MD-TDC officers) and all the other MD-TDC members that showed up and gave their support to this event.

Hopefully we can learn from this experience and have an even bigger and better event next year!!

Thanks again!!!

Greg “Dockboy” DaPron
MD-TDC Vice Pres.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64