Mass Air Flow Sensor Simulator

951_POWERSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has any one seen one of these for a 05 6.0L........It tells the computer that the trucks mass air sensor is getting the proper amount of air, even when you are running a higher flow intake set up? It basicly fools the sensor into thinking it still has the stock intake.........thus not throwing codes/illuminating the emmisions light in the dash(yellow engine symbol)........Thanks Jason :dunno

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
951_POWERSTROKE said:
Has any one seen one of these for a 05 6.0L........It tells the computer that the trucks mass air sensor is getting the proper amount of air, even when you are running a higher flow intake set up? It basicly fools the sensor into thinking it still has the stock intake.........thus not throwing codes/illuminating the emmisions light in the dash(yellow engine symbol)........Thanks Jason :dunno

951_POWERSTROKE,

The information I have on my 05 1/2 6.0l HD says it does not have a MAF sensor. For some reason they put them on the early 05's and the 06's but not the 05 1/2 models. I thought that was interesting though.

Anyway, looking at the information on the SCT XCAL2 the MAF function is apparently only adjustable for the gas models. We will do some poking around a see what we can find out about it being available for the diesel's.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PSD POWER007 said:
My 05 has a July 24 build date and it has a MAF????

July 24, ??. My build date is 2/05 which is about 6 months into production. I know that there was a time there that they took the MAF away during production and then put back for the up and coming '06 models. Not sure at what point they did that. :dunno

Researching it and will get back. I am curious to know now.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
SeeYa said:
July 24, ??. My build date is 2/05 which is about 6 months into production. I know that there was a time there that they took the MAF away during production and then put back for the up and coming '06 models. Not sure at what point they did that. :dunno

Researching it and will get back. I am am curious to know now.

I am not sure what the MAF does, because a diesel does not change the fuel/air ratio as it goes along. There is no "correct" ratio, so I don't see the reason for the MAF.

Dave :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the sensors uses a heated wire to measure how fast itit cools compared to the outside temps.
and somehow it tells the ecm that we have airflow at a certain rate and that based on the variables like density, and actual boost measured in mm vice lbs
lets the ecm adjust fuel flow or rate delivered per required demand placed by the throttle potentiometer, then we get optimal btu output , ;)
i think :D
DaveBen said:
I am not sure what the MAF does, because a diesel does not change the fuel/air ratio as it goes along. There is no "correct" ratio, so I don't see the reason for the MAF.

Dave :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14