Max A/C Issues

Matt24601

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I normally use the "regular" AC settings, but for two weeks here in Texas we've been North of the 100 degree mark so I flipped it down to Max AC to cool down the cab quicker. Not only does the Max AC blow hotter, it also doesn't blow as much air. I'm thinking something is stuck or broken.

Suggestions?

ducky1402

Reaction score
well did it ever cool down? In my work truck max ac always blows hotter at first because it recirculates the air. So It sucks in the hot cab air and recirculates it to cool. Reg ac uses outside air which if it is that hot outside the cab is much hotter. Depending how old I know my work truck air filter was completely clogged which in turn virtually turned whole system off. Sorry nothing technical good luck though

Last edited:

Matt24601

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No, it never cools down. Hard to explain, but it feels like it's trying to blow more air but something is getting in the way. Are you referring to the main air filter, or is there a filter for the cab air?

ducky1402

Reaction score
cabin filter. the only difference to my knowledge from reg ac to max is that it recirculates the cabin air. So if norm ac works unless something is going on with electronics i would come to believe the only thing is could be is the cabin air filter.:sly

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
06 didn't have a cabin filter....
however the air intake will let in a tons of gunk
i would pull the plenum down and inspect the works
the door that closes and allows cabin air to be recirculated may have a blockage

does the air flow get better with NORMAL mode and then drops off in max a/c

Matt24601

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Airflow is fine in normal. In Max AC the airflow decreases significantly and the temperature of the air is higher, not as cold. I'll take a look at the plenum this afternoon.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your A/C probably need a recharge. R-134 evaporates over time. I just did mine and my MAX A/C is in snow mode now. :sweet

Slavo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A?C problem

I have a problem with my A/C(03-F350 6l).It works for about 1hour,than stops working. When I stop the truck(turn off the engie) for about an hour or more, A/C starts working again.Any suggestions?Thanks.

Your A/C probably need a recharge. R-134 evaporates over time. I just did mine and my MAX A/C is in snow mode now. :sweet

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with my A/C(03-F350 6l).It works for about 1hour,than stops working. When I stop the truck(turn off the engie) for about an hour or more, A/C starts working again.Any suggestions?Thanks.

Check your charge if low it wont work right.

I had a problem with mine. The vac. line was broken and someone did the hill-billy repair with tape. I fixed it right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58