Max Pulling Power

BigMo

Fuel Runner
Reaction score
Hello All,

Ok, same old tale I suppose.....I have a OBS 97 F250 HD w the 7.3 PSD. I want to get the horsepower up to 350 or so, but be able to pull my 5th wheel RV (11k lbs.) without hurting the motor due to performance mods. I have a free flow intake, a Banks turbo exhaust pipe, and 4" exhaust all the way back w free flow muffler. Installed a chip set with 80hp on highest setting. It has pretty good power, but if I pull in the high setting, of course my EGTs are way high. I am going to add an intercooler this spring, but I want to know what turbo changes, injectors upgrades, and HPOP work I should do to get the HP and torque way up safely. I would change the chip too if needed. Just want great power and reliability

Thanks

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intercooler, Stage I injectors, 17* HPOP, and Custom tuned chip should get you there (and maybe e-fuel if you can afford it), but don't forget about the transmission especially if you have an automatic (E4OD). You'll probably need a larger cooler, lines, valve body, and torque converter. I'm also assuming you have gauges. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58