MBRP exhaust

JMF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Question for the guys running MBRP exhaust.... I got a great deal on a turbo-back stainless 4" exhaust system. What MPG increases, if any, are you averaging? Noticeable power increase? Just an overall better sound? I currently am running stock w/cat and muffler deleated. BTW... $50 isn't too bad is it?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a steal. MPG will gain alittle. I put on stacks and got about 1MPG. It will help with the turbo spooling up because the Exhaust Gases will be able to flow out better the the stock exhaust. You will pick up some turbo whistle also with it.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Question for the guys running MBRP exhaust.... I got a great deal on a turbo-back stainless 4" exhaust system. What MPG increases, if any, are you averaging? Noticeable power increase? Just an overall better sound? I currently am running stock w/cat and muffler deleated. BTW... $50 isn't too bad is it?

Wow.....$50.......that's a FANTASTIC deal for a SS system. I have the MBRP SS 4" system on my truck and it made a HUGE difference. I can't remember the exact mileage I gained because I did a couple different mods at the same time but I'm now totaling 22.5 mpg OTR, 17-18 mpg locally and lovin' the sound. Definite power increase and once I get my tuner in performance should be even better. ;tu

JMF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
can ya get another one at that price :lmao

:tounge :lmao I guess that's the good thing about working for a large salvage yard. I will keep my eyes open though.... as we get some sort of system in every 4-6 months. Also came across a TS Performance 6 position chip.... came out of an '01 with an automatic though. Anyone know if they would reprogram it for my truck? OR...... anyone interested in it? I know nothing about it as far as how big it actually is. Thanks for the replies, guys.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
They should be able to reprogram it. I think that it might still work for your truck even without being reprogramed, but don't hold me to that. Somebody else may know better, but if I were you, I'd grab it up if it's the right price.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it will not work in your truck. Plus you don't know if the original owner had the firm shift put on the program. But yes it can be programmed very easy. TS Performance bunch of good people and will work with you.

JMF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It did work on my truck.... but wasn't right. It would turn on my water in fuel light. I guess I need to give them a call to see what I have and what they may be able to do for me. Not sure of the positions either.... It seems like it has 12 positions on the knob..... the most I have seen is 6. Does this sound right? Thanks guys.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes if it is a TS then the most it would have is 6. But you would be better off just sending it in and letting them set the chip the way that you want it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58