rant MBRP Just installed

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well i don't know what makes me feel the need to post this, but i spent 6 hours yesterday tearing out the old Exhaust and putting in a 5inch Turbo back exhaust. 6 hours took a LONG time and alotta crawling on my back in my driveway. I chose to go with the 5inch With the cat for legality issues (my state visually checks). But 6 hours and bam it's done! basic hand tools and a diegrinder with a cutting blade on it. Anyone else ever have issues with the 4inch downpipe almost touching inner firewall? had to adjust it after rattling and vibrations under load was felt which is why i think it took 6 hours. I'll post pics later if anyone wants them.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 4" is barely touching a bolt on the engine block. I've always heard that a 5" can hurt performance....and it made since the way it was explained. I had a muffler shop install mine for about $100....beats crawling around for 6hrs imo. But if you got the know-how, the tools, time to kill....guess it does just as good and you know it was done exactly how you wanted it.

Dont forget to edit your sig

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't enjoy the crawling, but your right i got alot of know how out of it, did it "my way" and saved the $250 a local shop said they would charge me. Def worth it imo. Also updated my sig and avatar! thanks for reminder

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't enjoy the crawling, but your right i got alot of know how out of it, did it "my way" and saved the $250 a local shop said they would charge me. Def worth it imo. Also updated my sig and avatar! thanks for reminder

$250?? Deffinately worth it!!! Nice truck you got:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14