MBRP Offroad installed

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the MBRP Offroad XP in 409 installed yesterday. Here's my thoughts of the exhaust and the install.

Install went well. I used a lift...I'm glad that I did rather than try it on the ground. The kit fit well, the down pipe is CLOSE to both the frame and the tranny, but no leaks and no rattles first try.

The kit itself was nice. It fit good, although there are a few things that I was dissapointed with.

1) if they would have run the 3.5" down pipe just a hair longer...would make the trans/frame clearance issues less of an issue.

2)I thought that the Offroad system would have been the same as the other turbo back systems, except that it included the kitty delete pipe...WRONG. There is no way to re-install the kitten to the new system if need be.

3)The clamps suck. I would have thought that they would have used band style clamps. The only place that this is any amount of an issue is where the down pipe meets mid pipe..the 3.5" to 4" transition area. There is barely enough room for the pipes, let alone that clamp. To solve this, one of the factory clamps was removed from the stock system and used there. It fit better and was much easier to use in the tight space.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It does sound good, although I had hoped that it would have been just a touch louder, but the muffler delete pipe was not in stock when I got the kit. So, maybe at some point, but for now, I like it.

broncomania

7.3 with stacks
Reaction score
just installed mine. i got the mbrp 4" turbo back with a ss 5" tip. fit great and easy to install. sounds good . not loud. and makes good power.

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics...I'd venture to say that most of the kit is just the same as the others, with the exception of the lower downpipe.
The second pic shows the factory band clamp that was re-used, rather than the supplied clamp.
153286.jpg

153287.jpg

153288.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14