Help Needed mechanic in SW MN

T0MCHANDLER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I live in Sw MN and am looking for a reliable mechanic to work on my '03 6.0. I think one of my injectors is shot and allowing exhaust back into the fuel system??? truck starts rough, idles fine, dies a half mile down the road. I have to give it a few minuets before it will start back up. I'm not very experienced with this stuff but from what research I have done I think I need the injectors looked at.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Before you run of and look for a mechanic; diesels are very partial to warming up in the colder weather. Your engine will run rough until it warms up. Let it heat up for several minutes AND plug it in for a couple of hours before you start it. Does any of this help you make the engine run normal??

Dave

T0MCHANDLER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Before you run of and look for a mechanic; diesels are very partial to warming up in the colder weather. Your engine will run rough until it warms up. Let it heat up for several minutes AND plug it in for a couple of hours before you start it. Does any of this help you make the engine run normal??

Dave

pluged it in at 6:00 last night (didn't want to get up early to plug it in) started it at 6:00 this morning. took off at 6:25. should have been warm enough. at first I thought it was gelling and by waiting 5 minuets after stalls it was dispersing some engine heat to the fuel. dumped in a bottle of 911 and had same problem. Pulled codes :2006, 0269, 0603, 1000, 2614, 2617. all of the codes were cleared on Saturday (switched programing back to Stock) Drove to Sioux Falls & back, work & back, total about 300 miles, this is the first time I have started it since.

T0MCHANDLER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update: New fuel filter seems to have solved my problem. Hopefully it was that and not the half day in the heated shop. I wouldn't think injector problems would go away by heating it up. Marshall Ford was extreamly unhelpful to the point of sending me in compleatly the wrong direction. all of the other mechanics I talked to were very honest that they knew the 7.3 great but had little to no experience w/ the 6.0. I sure did appreciate their honesty. I'll probably give theguy in Hendricks a call in the near future. I hate not knowing where to turn when I have a problem.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Filters get plugged up when it gets cold. Changing it is a great start, even if it is not your problem.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58