Member help network ideas?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Just look in the book under Laura and Richard Ray in Crestview, Florida if anyone gets stuck in these parts.

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spam safty...
I just signed up for G-mail, by Google, you can only get it if your invited or you use your cell phone to sign up,, there is no phone spam or anything, they set it up so you cant get spamed by someone who just goes only and mass mails. and can have it notify me to my cell phone...what if we used this and made a local area member list, the e-mail would come in then it would send out the mail to our cell phones...I would'nt mined trying to help site members if possible...

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Here's my .02. How about before you head out for a trip you post a message saying what route you will be traveling and can you get a list of cell phone or home phone numbers from people that are close to the route in case of an emergency. Those who want to participate can. If this site does come up with a list I'll be happy to throw my name and number on it.
Craig

CHPMustang

Reaction score
What I usually do is contact members I know along my route and ask if I can add them on my contacts list in the event of a mechanical breakdown/emergency. When possible I buy em lunch/coffee just for being in the area if timing permits:sweet

I got a phone call while we were on the road back to Dallas this week while in Salt Lake City Utah from a PSD owner in West Texas that ran out of fuel and had re-starting issues,I called another SDD member here in Dallas to verify procedure,called the disabled truck owner back and got him on the road.

I try to help even when out of state with technical assistance,I believe in Karma.

Flyin W Cattle

Catahoula's Do It Better!
Reaction score
Great Idea. I dont mind gettin a phone call.. Westley Steinert. Tyler, Texas. Also I have a 32' Gooseneck available if need be to trailer a rig to a dealer or other repair shop ( or even home?). I guess I'd say anywhere between Dallas to Shreveport, Louisiana and from the oklahoma line in southeast OK to the I-10 corridor in East Texas. Alltel Cellular number.903.574.8934

tpicou96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don,t mind giving a hand to someone in need,count me in.Tom Picou cell # 409-550-0430.Iknow a good mechanic in Beaumont.I10 hwy 90 or anywhere between Houston and louisiana.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok now i have a suggestion.i PMd bill about starting a thread here to list members that have a scantool and would be willing to help other members with it.but im thinking maybe combine both the help network and the scan tool network into one thread.

maybe we can get one of the MODs to start a whole new thread with 50posts in it or whatever we need for other countries ,1 post for each state or country..then we can PM the mods our contact info and whether we have a scan tool or other diagnostic equiptment and the mod can post it in each post for the respective state.or if the mods dont wanna do the editing to the thread to add info maybe they could give one of us member acces to just the 911 forum to edit the thread to add members to it.

i hope yall understand what i am trying to say

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
JLDickmon
SW Michigan (Kalamazoo area - further with notice)
269.382.5600 days
cell 269.377.4619

manage a shop for a major tire chain (NASCAR? Blimp? get the hint?)

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do this same sorta thing on a couple of the motorcycle forums that
im a member of...when living in virginia a guy broke down near me...
turns out he lived in atlanta and i was headed that way a few days later
for business meetings....i drove instead of flyin' and hauled him and his bike
home !

I dont mind helping...have a fair amount of tools (compressor/welder etc)
and a copy of auto enginuity for code reading and diagnostics.

Im less than 2miles from TOMBALL FORD (for OEM parts) and theres
several car parts places 'round.

basically im in North WEST houston.

Don Rumsey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64