Meth Injection?????

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 F250 6.0 and im thinking about putting a methanol injection kit on it..... i have an intake and im runnin straights on it "dont tell the gov. about that" what do yall think about this? how much hp an tq can i expect to gain?

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a predator chip, Afe intake and no cat. or muffler... oh yea im thinkin of switchin to the SCT livewire how do you like it on your truck?

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Most of the guys here will tell you to stay away from the drugs (methanol/propane) and get your horse through fuel and tuning.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
cost ya a fortune in Sudafed and you'll attract the attention of the local constabulary..

did I say that out loud?

first, get gauges.

then, get a chip or tuner.

methanol is not something you want running in a diesel

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Why not? Maybe not 100% Meth, but meth/water injection if used conservatively appears to be safe.

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so all you guys that are telling me not to run the meth. injection do yall even know anythin about it. i mean all the big racing diesels run it with no problems. so wats the big deal about it why does everybody think its so bad?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it's so bad, but expensive, and if your system hickups, you can have some major internal malfunctions...

Besides that exactly, how much power are trying or planning to make? This isn't really a simple beginners project, this is pretty involved. From the sounds Of what you have done so far, some pretty simple bolt ons (or offs as the case may be), this should be followed up by some other mods to tie it all together. Like was mentioned above, tuning to get all the parts to play well together, gauges so you actually know what's going on inside the motor and so on.

A bunch of bolt on performance parts from some go fast magazines thrown together without coordination will get you nothing but low reliability and a thinner wallet... This isn't a rubber stamped 302 that you can find a dozen of sitting in the corner of the bone yard waiting to be rebuilt, it's a $10,000 highly (if not overly) engineered machine.

Yeah it's possible, but again, what are you trying to get out of it?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
so all you guys that are telling me not to run the meth. injection do yall even know anythin about it.

Do we know anything about it? Yeah, we know enough about it to steer you clear of it if your intent is to gain a few more ponies.

i mean all the big racing diesels run it with no problems. so wats the big deal about it why does everybody think its so bad?

It would help if you tell us your true intentions, if all you want is more horse I will stand behind my original statements, add fuel and add a competent tuner, do the rest of the supporting mods that go along with those such as intake, exhaust, tranny etc etc.... and be happy with 350-450 RWHP.

OR

If your intent is to run with the big racing diesels be prepared to dig into your pocket book and perhaps your retirement account. Just let us know what it is you want and we can point you in a suitable direction.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a predator chip, Afe intake and no cat. or muffler... oh yea im thinkin of switchin to the SCT livewire how do you like it on your truck?

you need some gauges ! at a minimum you need a proper EGT gauge
and it wouldnt be a bad idea to add a PROPER trans temp !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14