Meth injection

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Anybody out there run water/meth injection on the 94-97 PSDs? If so, was there a noticeable power increase and what kind of EGT reduction do you get? Also, hoe much power and EGT temp drop should I expect to see from a Tymar intake? Thanks:sweet

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody out there run water/meth injection on the 94-97 PSDs? If so, was there a noticeable power increase and what kind of EGT reduction do you get? Also, hoe much power and EGT temp drop should I expect to see from a Tymar intake? Thanks:sweet

I have not run it in a OBS, but I would guess you would gain more EGT loss. With stock injectors, race setting and water injection I could not get over 1250 towing up to 14k. Now I do have a IC being a superduty but I also had larger AD injectors over your AA's.

Power increase depends on the amount of Meth you add to the mix. At 40% I would see about 40hp with stock injectors. With just water I would doubt you would even see an dyno increase. But you can now run a hotter setting on the chip.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Stay away from drugs. There are more reliable and safer methods of adding HP while maintaining EGT's, looking at your list of mods you need injectors, a fuel system and an intercooler and possibly turbo upgrade.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay away from drugs. There are more reliable and safer methods of adding HP while maintaining EGT's, looking at your list of mods you need injectors, a fuel system and an intercooler and possibly turbo upgrade.

I have done cylinder pressure testing with Tadd using water injection, you do not see a jump in pressures until over 30% and at 40% its not huge. I would not go over 40% ever.

I agree about a IC, but there is no need to change anything to run water injection, I have well over 160k running water injection without issue.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not. It sounds good and I might go with it. 95, Why do you say that it aint a good idea? I really like all the info guys. Keep it comin!!

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Injectors are definately on the list and possibly an intercooler. Why are you saying that water injection is unsafe though?

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done cylinder pressure testing with Tadd using water injection, you do not see a jump in pressures until over 30% and at 40% its not huge. I would not go over 40% ever.

I agree about a IC, but there is no need to change anything to run water injection, I have well over 160k running water injection without issue.
ok sir, i'm am about to get into something that i have no ideal about it but i do know one thing. i would like to have better milage and if this sys. will do it than i'm all for it. what i need is some info on this set-up, where can u get one, cost of unit, how tough is it to instal, i don't do anymore towing, just hwy driving. thanks for the info and keep it coming. thanks abunch!!!!!:confused:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58