Question Mexico bound what to pack

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have been a 6.0 owner now for 6 months and have been very pleased despite all the comments.
Any how i am going about a 800 miles into Mexico and thoght i would ask you guys what spare parts would you want if you went on trip down South.
I have about 3 weeks to prepare, so i look forward to your input.

Best Regards to all:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they not have an autoparts store down there? There are a lot of things that could go out that would disable your truck. I'd have a spare tire, fluids, jack, jumper cables, tazer, tool box with all the standard tools, mace, wheel bearing, M-16, engine belt, grenades, diagnostic tool, etc... Hopefully you will have a good trip and wont need any of it, but its better to have it and not need it.. than to need it and not have it. Have a safe trip!!

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Do they not have an autoparts store down there? There are a lot of things that could go out that would disable your truck. I'd have a spare tire, fluids, jack, jumper cables, tazer, tool box with all the standard tools, mace, wheel bearing, M-16, engine belt, grenades, diagnostic tool, etc... Hopefully you will have a good trip and wont need any of it, but its better to have it and not need it.. than to need it and not have it. Have a safe trip!!

You forgot the extra ammo.:tounge In all seriousness though I would pack tools a couple sets of filters and some diesel treatment in case you get a bad tank of fuel.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info, but i have gone for years but always in my V10 so i kinda have the basics, i should have been more specific but i was talking mainly about the 6.0 motor and electronics. You know do the idlers go out? is there a certain sensor that goes has a reputation for failing on the 6.0, that kind of stuff.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the diesel fuel in Mexico is clean if you buy from a station that sale a lot, like truck stops. I would still have at least two sets of fuel filters and the tools to change them out. A spar fan belt for sure. If you have all ready made trips that far into Mexico you know everything else that you will need. Where will you be going to down there, I have always enjoyed trips into Mexico but have never been that far yet.
Good Luck and post pictures when you get back.
Doug

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Just a tid bit of info I picked up this past weekend while changing my fuel filter is that you can substitute a 1-3/8 socket for the 36mm if you do not have a 36mm.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
do they not have an autoparts store down there? There are a lot of things that could go out that would disable your truck. I'd have a spare tire, fluids, jack, jumper cables, tazer, tool box with all the standard tools, mace, wheel bearing, m-16, engine belt, grenades, diagnostic tool, etc... Hopefully you will have a good trip and wont need any of it, but its better to have it and not need it.. Than to need it and not have it. Have a safe trip!!

4x ^

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

right now, getting stopped by the Federales with any of that stuff is gonna result in an awful short trip, but an awful long stay in the Greybar Cantina

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now, getting stopped by the Federales with any of that stuff is gonna result in an awful short trip, but an awful long stay in the Greybar Cantina

They bring that stuff, and worse, this way. There was some humor in that...and some seriousness with the way drug gangs is crim is down there.

jherman, I'm not sure about the 6.0's as far as regular sensors that go out....that you would need to keep on hand. Thats why I said a code scanner so it could at least tell you what sensor is not reading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58