Mileage Computer / Compass

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All!,

Has anyone had to replace their overhead mileage computer/compass? :dunno
Mine has been fading in and out for about a year now and I think it has finally bit the dust in my 04 EX LMTD. I know it has some funny math sometimes, but I miss the darn thing for some reason and would like to replace it. I ripped it out yesterday thinking it would be an easy item to find online, but so far my searches have been fruitless! :confused: Anyone have ideas on where to find one (except for the obvious parts counter at my local Ford stealer, looking for a deal :sweet)? There seems to be two numbers on the unit. This one is molded into the plastic: YC35-1OD898-A This one is on a white sticker with a bar code: VT5457C0003B.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :notworthy

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :sweet Bush, that turned out to be the problem! Although the circuit board design is a little different in the pix in the link and the resitors are even a funky new design on mine that I have never run accross. I found that one of the solder joints on one side of a resistor had broken. You can see in the pix my fix. I shold have taken a shot before I put the electrical tape on. Once on, I did not want to take back off. I was going to solder it but their does not seem to much to solder to! :dunno Anyway, it works and I am happy! :woot Thanks for the linky Bush! :notworthy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58