Mileage on other 7.3's??

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
17.0 city and 20.sumtin highway (65ish). I was 1.5mpg better before the switch to UltraLame****Deisel. I use B10 and found no mpg increase, dont think it can help overcominsate the lack of lube in that fuel needed for the older style deisels.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i am going to try the chainsaw oil mixed with some Amsoil diesel concentrate and see what happens. right now i get right around 14.5. so we will see if my mileage comes up any.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
when i bought the truck last year it got 17. then winter came and it dropped to 12. now the best i can get with an egg on my pedal is 13.:cussing:

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm averaging 17.5 on mixed driving and 11 towing 11,000lb 5th wheel. I have 106,000 on the odometer. Guess I can't complain. All stock too. My mileage really drops above 65MPH, so I keep it down around 60ish. That seems to be the sweet spot on the highway.:burnit

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Just yesterday when I was on the road, driving approx. 40 mi to where I had to go I got 17.5 mpg on the highway. Since I have put on the AFE air intake my mileage has definitely increased. In town with stop and go I'm getting around 15 to 15.5 mpg so I think I'm doing pretty good. I will be putting on a new exhaust system come spring (which will depend on how high this freakin' diesel fuel goes) and that will hopefully increase the mpg a little more. I've got 87K on my truck right now so I'm happy!!!! I've been cruising at 65mph because that's seems the best speed to get good mpg. Anything over that makes the mpg start to drop.

SuperdudeE

learnin oil burnin
Reaction score
13.4 MPGs. Average of 50 mph and some stop and go. I have a 50 miles per day commute. I really try not to get into the boost but it really doesn't seem to matter. I have not done much towing yet and I don't race it.

Sucks I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim