mileage with tuner

ducky1402

Reaction score
I think i have read on here about the higher the power tune the better the mileage. I have an edge racing evo (sorry spartan guys) running the 90hp tune. I have a 140hp tune too which i have never used. Wondering if 140 will yield better milege. Currently mileage went down around town (lead foot syndrome) :sly Havent taken on trip yet.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
think about it..
you're putting more fuel into something you throttle with fuel...
and expect better mileage?

more to the mileage game than that..
there's timing and fuel curves that either take a shload of trial and error, or someone trained to figure it out..

why don't you try calling like Jody at DPTuner or one of the other sponsors first..

drames

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to put an SCT tuner and DPF/CAT delete on mine and I was told the same thing by two different tuner manufacturers. I told them I was looking for better mileage around town and they both said the same thing......."use a light foot on the highest power tune for best mileage". Might be hard to do the light foot thing when you have all that power sitting there under your foot but I'm needing the mileage so I'll TRY!!!!

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
If you read the forums on tuners. Higher hp tunes Do give you better fuel economy. As long as u can keep your foot off the skinny pedel haha. They say if you keep our trucks below 20psi of boost and 2000 rpms (which is very hard) we can get a little more mpgs. I havent did a test with mine yet because its winter time where im at. I have the H&S Minimax with the doc/dpf delete pipe. Its a whole different truck now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58