Mileage

dpantazis

Reaction score
huh? whats the point of it then? ive been putting diesel kleen in for a while? also do the 1qt of 2 cycle motor oil too. should i only be doing the 2 cycle oil?

j:

why are you adding additives to your fuel?

what are you trying to accomplish?

there is no magic elixir in a bottle that will make your truck all happy. the additives have a purpose and all of them have pros and cons.

read this thread. lots of info toward the end.

http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...el-fuel-additives/19812-atf-8.html#post181742

JRJ04

Reaction score
j:

why are you adding additives to your fuel?

what are you trying to accomplish?

there is no magic elixir in a bottle that will make your truck all happy. the additives have a purpose and all of them have pros and cons.

read this thread. lots of info toward the end.

http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...el-fuel-additives/19812-atf-8.html#post181742

I have been adding 1 qt of 2 cycle oil and about 8 oz. of diesel kleen to every tank. My purpose was 2fold. I was adding the 2 cycle oil for the lubricosity for the injectors and the diesel kleen for a cetane boost/injector cleaner. Do I not need both? Am I over-doing it/being counteractive? I can definitely tell a difference in the way it runs when I add it and when I dont. Your thoughts?

dpantazis

Reaction score
read the post i linked.

i think you are needlessly burning money.

again, i ask you, "what are you trying to accomplish". answer that first then your options will be clearer

dp

JRJ04

Reaction score
read the post i linked.

i think you are needlessly burning money.

again, i ask you, "what are you trying to accomplish". answer that first then your options will be clearer

dp

well after reading it, it looks like diesel kleen and the 2 cycle oil do the same thing.

I am looking to restore the lubricosity that was taken away when ulsd was introduced. From what I have read, it keeps the injectors lubricated and in proper working condition. Jody at DP Tuner even recommended it (didnt say anything about the diesel kleen.

I cant help but think the 3 injectors I lost didnt have something to do with ULSD.

dpantazis

Reaction score
if you read the studies i linked in that post, you will see that the best lube is from B2 bio blend (1),
then tcw3 oil mix (7), then diesel kleen (10)

why do you think you need cetane?

tcw3 oil- i think you are using too much. i would cut back 2/3 - 1/2 of what you are using.

the use of ashless 2 cycle oil started long before ULSD fuel. it helped old mechanical fuel systems with injection pumps and injectors. i am talking about things like my 85 golf.

JRJ04

Reaction score
i really dont kno why i use the diesel kleen. bio would be ideal, but dont have access to it anywhere around me. so, it sounds like its either the 2 cycle oil or diesel kleen...and given that 2 cycle oil is a better lubricant...i think ill ditch the diesel kleen. i guess i was using the diesel kleen to keep the injectors clean. will the 2 cycle oil do that as well as keep things nice and lubed up?

dpantazis

Reaction score
j:

use one OR the other. the tcx3 oil does lube. so does the diesel kleen, just not as well. (look at the index numbers).

think about running oil for a while then a bottle of diesel kleen and then back to oil.

JRJ04

Reaction score
sounds much more logical...just run the diesel kleen through there once a month or so to make sure everything stays nice and clean...but on a normal basis stick to the tcw3 oil.

thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14