Mileage

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I have an '04 DRW F-350 Crew Cab. I've been getting 12-16mpg in the city, no extra weight. I have a 5th wheel toy hauler that according to the sticker weighs just under 10k full of gas and water, so let's say under 12k with the dirt bike and quad, plus clothes, etc. Towing on mostly flat roads, I get around 7.5mpg. I have a 4.10 rear end. I've been told that I should be getting better gas mileage, but not by anyone who has anthing close to what I have. Comments?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
is that 10k unloaded weight?
what is the Gross vehicle weight stamp say?
i would go to a scale and weigh it, no geussing. is it a high profile (12 foot or taller)?
I get 11 pulling our monster, at highway speeds of 70 ish

i would suspect your on the low side, do you still have the factory muffler???
if so its a serious restrictor, to air flow,

our 02 with 4.10 towing the tt which was a bit shorter height wise i still got 11-12

LCW

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
is that 10k unloaded weight?
what is the Gross vehicle weight stamp say?
i would go to a scale and weigh it, no geussing.

Yeah, I need to find out for sure. Sticker says 9400 empty.

is it a high profile (12 foot or taller)?
I get 11 pulling our monster, at highway speeds of 70 ish

Yes, total height is 12' 6".

i would suspect your on the low side, do you still have the factory muffler???
if so its a serious restrictor, to air flow,

our 02 with 4.10 towing the tt which was a bit shorter height wise i still got 11-12

Yeah, stock muffler. I could live with 11-12 towing my 5er. 14 around town seems low. Before I mess with mods, I just wanted to find out if somethings wrong with my truck, or if those numbers are normal for stock.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my 02 dually was getting so hot at the muffler inlet when i was pulling it swole up and started HISSSING
made light years of difference just removing it alone, then of course a magnaflow 4" followed :D

and a tuner i towed with a predator in the tow mode. only bad thing is it kept locked in OD till it was starting to lug so i would have to manually drop into 3rd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14