MIRROR SWITCH.......

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
On all ours we seem to go through an awful lot of these door panel switches.I know they get dirty and intermittenly damp from rain coming in.But they seem to last less than they should. We keep one in the glove compartment now incase they quit on the road. How does yours fair ?

Max Power

Reaction score
How many miles do they last broker? I would think that they would be a faily low wear item. What goes wrong with them? How much do they cost to replace? If it is a big issue I might be interested in seeing if they are rebuildable.

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
The Haulers dont seem to have much of an issue,its our trucks on the concrete business that seem to be an issue. I think they are around 16-18 bucks. We bought 21 of them since january.We tend to have more time in the winter to take care of repairs I guess, so some may have been inoperable earlier.The stop making the mirrors to adjust usually in one direction only. Miles , these trucks may do 20-40k a year , depending on the jobs we have. It surprised me when how many we were buying in the last few months. Trucks are 00 - 05 's , mostly F 250 & F 350 .

Reaction score
BROKER said:
The Haulers dont seem to have much of an issue,its our trucks on the concrete business that seem to be an issue. I think they are around 16-18 bucks. We bought 21 of them since january.We tend to have more time in the winter to take care of repairs I guess, so some may have been inoperable earlier.The stop making the mirrors to adjust usually in one direction only. Miles , these trucks may do 20-40k a year , depending on the jobs we have. It surprised me when how many we were buying in the last few months. Trucks are 00 - 05 's , mostly F 250 & F 350 .

Take them apart and clean them before buying new ones. Little shot of WD40 helps a lot. Did that on my 01 and no more problems.
Ventshades will also help cut down on the amount of water.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58