Miss in an "01 PSD!

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I bought a PSD that has a miss! It gets better as it warms up. The miss is from idle to approx half throttle! Then it will hit. Blows lots of upburnt - kerosene smelling fuel smoke. Then goes away when the miss leaves. Runs good and pulls good when it hitting on all 8. I was told that it needs injector o-rings on the right rear cyl. (#8)? Slobbering fuel around the exh. manifold on the right rear. 258k mi. Or does it need an injector(s)? Let's hear it from the boys with the knowledge. I want to get this engine in use, but not until I get this problem straightened out! Help me out guys!
Thanks! Hoss6.9.... :thanks :sweet

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
twildman said:
Sounds like an injector to me.

I concur. It also could be a loose/bad harness connector under the valve cover. The statement where you said it gets better as the engine warms up, got me to thinking of the U.V.C. connector. I've heard of others reporting this type of symptom, later to find a loose/bad connector under the valve cover.

You need to do some injector buzz and contribution tests. You need to go to a stealership, find a buddy with an analyzer or computer software or buy some for yourself like Autoenginuity.

Last edited:

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Pretty much what Tail Gunner said. Check the harness first. Then find some software and pull codes, if it's missing, it's prolly throwing one or two. Then report back.

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
Miss!

OK Guys! Thanks! I'll see what I can find out and report back when I know somethings!
Hoss.... :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg