Missed a Thief - By That Much

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an interesting evening. :eek: A couple of hours ago I was dropping off a video at a local Blockbuster and ended up in the middle of a snatch and run theft. I was just putting my video in the outside return slot when this guy came rushing out the door a few feet from me with a big box (Playstation console) under his arm. At first I was thinking he was just in a hurry but once he cleared the door he took off running full tilt. I looked up and saw the girl in the store pointing and yelling so I realized that this guy was thieving something. I ran after him toward the street and saw him fall in the middle of the road. ;tu Then he jumped up, grabbed the loot and ran out of sight down another street behind a bank. This guy was fast (at least a lot faster then me anyway) so I jumped in the truck and followed another guy going after him in another truck. Unfortunately, he was already out of sight and we couldn't find him. When I talked to the police they said they thought he was the same one that had robbed a restaurant and liquor store about 1/2 mile away earlier in the evening. I think he put one of the store clerks in labor too. Her husband was taking her to the hospital after she gave her statement. I keep thinking if I'd just realized what he was doing about two seconds earlier I could have tackled him or clothes-lined him but the brain cells just didn't compute quick enough. Of course with my luck, I'd do something like that and it would turn out to be a guy just hurrying to get home for dinner! :sorry Anyway, there's another scumbag running around that needs stomped! :rant

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen once in a Home Depot. I saw the guy running at me, but I did not see all the people chasing him. I could have gotten him SO Easy, if I had just been paying attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58