Missing-hesitating in rain?

epe223

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello. We have a 08 f350 superduty that we use for work, and is my cousins personal truck otherwise. It has about 35,000 on it. One thing we have noticed is in the rain, between 40-55 mph it will stumble, and hesitate. Usually when the boost gauge is at 3. If you let off and get back on, it will clear. If you hold it steady, it will just keep stumbling. Has anyone else had this problem yet? Our local ford garage is a pain to deal with. Oh yeah, the truck is on its third radiator... Thanks for any input.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

epe223

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The ford dealership said they knew there was a moisture issue with missing, but did not know what to do :confused: By the trucks build date was late may.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although not RAIN related...

Im assuming BOTH fuel filters have been well
maintained & your draining the fuel / water separator
on a regular basis

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Any chance the air filter is getting wet? Seems like if snow could get in there, rain could also.

epe223

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am wondering that about the filter also. I think pre 09-07 have the bad filter intake setup correct?

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey epe223,

You mentioned that the trucks build date was May of '07. Besides checking the filter for moisture and emptying the fuel/water separator, have you talked to the dealership about getting your truck flashed with the new tune? It may not be the issue, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

kemorris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Missing in the rain?

My 7.3L would miss / die but only in the rain. It was the CPS. Dealer said he had never seen that before.

Good Luck

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 09. During heavy rains it will stumble and blow white smoke until I let off the throttle. Took it to the dealer and was told "they found nothing wrong". Imagine that! It happened again yesterday, I pulled the air filter and it was soaked!!! There was water still in the tube coming from the front of the truck, too. I called the dealer to let them know, and was told they'd look into it and get back to me. I'll let you know what I hear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58