Missing/no power

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
02Oilburner...not sure if you ever found a shop, or if you need on but the place near the fairgrounds on hillsborough just after burke brothers and across from the sports and compacts is supposedly very good, they only work on powerstrokes. if you need more clarification on location, PM me

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm going to bump this thread since there has been a new development..

My truck developed the very same symptoms last winter. Spent a good deal of grief and effort on it.. only to realize the fuel injectors on my truck were failing (worn)..
I asked a couple of 7.3 engine guys on another board how you would ever diagnose it without ruling everything else good (Like the old Dura-Spark 1 modules for the gas cars in the mid 1970's.. if everything else tests good, replace the module and hop it cures it).. and that was the answer. Prove everything else good, and THEN cough up $2,000.00

Anyway, as much as I've been told not to buy it from [a certain vendor], I am going to buy an updated ICM from someone, because the increased voltage to the injectors can "make up" for some of the wear on the internals of the HEUI by making it "snap" just a little harder..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58