Mobil 1 Diesel Truck and SUV Synthetic Oil

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
Anybody use this stuff. I've read the bios on it and it seems great. I have run Mobil 1 in a gasser and loved it. This stuff fully exceeds Ford's requirements. Looking for a little better gas mileage and maybe better winter starting.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Mobil 1 as well... Haven't seen the diesel version yet. As long as it's CI4+ rated... should be good.

You're right though... great oil.

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but two Wal-Marts near me were closing the Mobil 1
Extended Performance 15W-50 out in the 5 quart jugs so I bought all I could get for my first oil change. Once I decide which bypass filter to install I will do it.

I've used Mobil 1 in everything for years with no complaints or problems. I don't expect this to be any different.

With analysis it should be interesting to see how far I can take their "Extended Performance".

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
I'm gonna give it a shot. Mobil has just came out with their Diesel rated line. I know that some Mobil oils are rated both ways. However, this one just came out and got endorsed by Chevy, Ford, and Cummins. The only issue is that I'm having a bear of a time finding some. My local auto parts stores in North Alabama don't stock it and don't want to order it. I've actually seen it at Pep Boys up north (eg. Michigan). I may have to take a road trip to get some. I'm due for an oil change according to mileage (don't do the bypass filter thing, but that's next), I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for the input.

ShraderMan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14