Mobil Delvac 1 vs Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
What's the big deal about switching oils? I've been trying several different ones (mainly synthetics) trying to settle in on something that gives me the best economy and is a good quality oil, as well as is not is not a pain in the butt to get and doesn't cost a stinkin' fortune. Would prefer a full synthetic although the Rotella 5w-40 synthetic has seem to run as good as anything so far. Have tried the Royal Purple (Not enough improvement if any to impress me) and the Mobil 1 turbo diesel (same results as the Royal Purple but cheaper). Looking into the Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme and possibly Schaeffers 9000. Haven't decided yet. Would consider Amsoil but I can't find it locally at a reasonable price and shipping it adds to much to the overall cost. Hope to settle in on a choice soon. Do you guys think I'm stupid or what:confused::dunno?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What's the big deal about switching oils?

I would not say that it is a big deal but rather a small deal. Some guys have found that engines will start burning or leaking oil when they switch brands. Also when you change your oil over a quart remains in the engine so you are actually running two brands at once which may or may not be compatible. Most high mile engines out there have been run with the same brand all there life. I have switched in the past. I use to run Delo 400 when I ran Delo in my big truck then I switched to Cat oil in 98' and ran it until 02' when I got rid my last big truck. I have ran Delvac 1 since 02'. When I have switched brands I change it the first time at a very low interval(like 1000 miles)so that I can get all the mixed oil out. Only time I really noticed a problem was when I switched to Delvac 1 and a few leaks showed up but that is normal when switching to synthetic. After a few years of tracking down leaks and repairing them I have now been leak free for a quite a while. The whole engine is dry as can be so I am not switching oil anytime soon.

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
OUSTANDING INFO:sweet. I always heard stay with an oil, don't switch, but I've never really known why. I love it when I learn something new and that is some really good info from my standpoint. I really do appreciate you response crumm:hail. I also learned something new yesterday that was extremely interesting. A guy that I was talking to attended a demonstration of the quality of oils at a famous race shop with quite a few NASCAR teams attending. Prior to testing the Mobil 1 in one of the engines on the dyno the Mobil rep told them to make sure and shake up the oil really good before pouring it into the engine. Seems that some of the additives can settle out when the bottle sits. I think I'll be warming and shaking all my oil containers from now on prior to changing:stir. Seems like something like that would be on the container:dunno.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58