MOBIL ONE?

JEFF69Z28

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MILES BEFORE I USE SYN?
I HAVE 2800 MILES ON HER NOW BUT,FORD SAY'S TO CHANGE OIL 7500 MILES OR 6 MONTHS WHICH EVER COMES FIRST.
SORRY ABOUT CAPS EYES ARE GETTING OLD.:doh:

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck new and changed the oil at 1,200 miles. Screw that. During break in it's crucial..... forget those 5-7,5k intervals.

Last edited:

VALKYRIES

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
oils and breakin periods

I did see yesterday that their 1300 series oil meets the CJ-4 specs. Yes change the engine oil several times before what is specified. Change the other oils in your truck as well. Transfer cases and transmissions even if you just change the filter on the trans. You might be very surprised at the metal particles in the differentials.I was many years ago so have been dilligent since. You may want to add more additive to the limited slip ( another bottle) then specified I have not had any problem with the diff working. One of the diesel mags had an article some years ago and have found it to be good info. If you live on a gravel road have you noticed the wash boards going around the corners this to me shows that most vehicles have trouble with the differentals locking and unlocking as they corner ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58