Mobile 1 Diesel Synthetic

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
yep. I used it in my 6.4, and use it in my 6.7

Also used it in my MB GL320 diesel SUV.

I hear arguments for all types of synthetics. I think it comes down to a personal preference.

I've used it in my Gas engines as well. and i've had quite a few. Never an issue.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer to run Mobil products in all my vehicles. I do not run synthetic in my PSD as I'm going to change at 5000 miles regardless of Dino or syn. I have a Mobil 1 diesel truck 5W40 change in my shop ( got it from O'Riellys for the price of Dino oil when they lost my Dino oil I ordered). I haven't felt the need to try it yet. As I have 20 fresh gallons of Mobil Delvac that I bought from WallyWorld with rebate for about $5.87 a gallon.

I was running Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 that is a European formulation but can only acquire from PepBoys. There are no PepBoys in Mississippi. I have sin Ed. Changed back to Castrol SLX as I can puchase it from the VW dealer for $11.94 a quart. What a stinking deal. Those are the only 2 oils that meet the VW 507 spec for the Jetta. I do run the service interval on the Jetta at 10K as recommended by the dealer.

I may need to start looking at the Chevron products as the oldest son was just hired out of college as a chemical engineer for their refinery about 2 hours away from here. He starts at more that what I've been making as an civil engineer after 25 years of service.

Havent used Delo except in heavy equipment.

Last edited:

MB Dave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I went on a bit of road trip (500 miles one way) to pick a new band saw. Last night I get a check engine light. Im down on power turbo sounds funny, could this be the oil?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58